Reflexology for Stress and Stress
Reflexology, sometimes called"energy medicine," is an alternative health clinic involving the application of force to specific pressure points on your hands and feet. This is normally done with no use of oil or lotion. There are many who believe that reflexology may be a viable treatment for many ailments. However, this practice is not recommended for some of the following:
- Chronic pain - This shouldn't be combined with conventional medicine, especially for chronic pain. Reflexology, as stated before, doesn't treat illness or pain; it merely corrects the imbalances in your body systems which are causing the pain. A balance in your nervous system, hormonal system, immune system, and cardiovascular system are necessary to the healing of any ailment, including pain. Applying pressure reflexology can in fact aggravate pain, just as if it were the part of your body where the pain was originating from.
- Stress - If you suffer from anxiety, you might experience reflexology as a complication. Reflexology allows for increased blood circulation, which provides relief from stress and increases your body's ability to heal itself. However, if you suffer from anxiety, you should first consult your physician for the appropriate treatment. Reflexology isn't a cure for anxiety. It's simply another way of managing your anxiety by increasing blood flow.
- Stress - Stressful symptoms can be relieved by applying reflexology. You can enhance the quality of your life by reducing anxiety, stress, and nervousness. Stress can interfere with your concentration and cause aches and pains throughout your body. Reflexology can help alleviate these symptoms and promote relaxation in your nerves and muscles. Massage enhances the comfort benefits of reflexology, therefore effectively speeding up the effects of reflexology.
- Pain - Reflexology can also relieve pain. Your feet are a sensitive part of the body. When you apply pressure in your feet, you are transferring energy from your hands to your feet. This transfer of energy relieves tension, improves circulation, stimulates nerves, and promotes relaxation. Reflexology can also relieve pain due to muscle stiffness and spasms.
- Tinnitus - Some people suffer from tinnitus, which can be an annoying ringing sound that could only be heard by the person who is affected. For others, tinnitus can be a symptom of many problems, or might even be a sign of serious disease. A reflexologist can often discover the cause of tinnitus and teach you how you can control it. Reflexology can increase blood circulation to your ears, thus helping to decrease the noise. The results can be relaxing, however you'll have to continue the reflexology techniques on a regular basis for the maximum benefits.
- Reduce Anxiety - Stress and anxiety can result in a number of other health problems, including digestive problems and lower back pain. Reflexology can help you relax your body and your mind. By increasing the blood flow in your body, reflexology can reduce pain and promote overall wellbeing. Additionally, it can decrease anxiety and stress. Your stress level and your life quality can impact every area of your life.
Reflexology can benefit you in many ways but should not be undertaken as a standalone therapy. You should always consult with your health care provider prior to beginning any bodywork or massage therapy to ensure that it will not interfere with any existing medications or illnesses you may be suffering from. Always bear in mind that Reflexology is a holistic form of alternative medicine, so it should never replace the advice of your medical professional. However, if you do decide to pursue Reflexology as a part of your regular medical care, you can reap the rewards by feeling good about your body, being more conscious of its systems and organs, and reducing the anxiety and stress in your life.출장안마